Quality Assurance Manager (m/f)
Quality Assurance Manager (m/f) – Mainz, Germany
AA Euro Croatia is a member of AA Euro Group Ltd. We are a specialist Recruitment Consultancy operating globally. We recruit for jobs in Ireland and Europe across the Construction, Engineering, Manufacturing, Security, Finance & HR.
We have been retained by a leading by a leading Irish owned multinational to recruit a QA Manager for their office in Mainz. This newly created role will have a dual reporting role to the Country Manager of the German Business and the Head of Group Regulatory & Compliance. This role will entail working closely with the German Commercial, Business Development and Supply Chain Management teams to develop a Quality Management System spanning procurement, warehousing, transport, manufacturing arrangements, labelling and regulatory requirements.
The purpose of this role is to build a Quality Management System and drive a culture of Quality Assurance and Risk Management for the German business and will also cover regulatory and customer compliance. This role will involve travelling & liaising with management teams in the Irish based processing facilities and with customer visits.
- Build a Quality Management System for our German Business to ensure compliance with FSSC 22000 or International Food Standards.
- In conjunction with the Group Supplier Quality Lead and procurement, maintain specifications (ingredients, primary packaging, chemicals and detergents) supplied by the supplier or generated by the group. These must include food safety requirements, technical attributes, product declarations and legal requirements
- Implement policy and procedures for procurement including supplier approval including SAQ’s, supplier performance monitoring and evaluation and risk assessments (TACCP).
- Develop and maintain a supplier audit schedule based on risk assessments of supply base
- Define policies, procedures and SLA’s with 3rd party manufacturers – covering all aspects of the arrangement from end to end and clearly outlining the quality & regulatory expectations of the group.
- Audit all 3rd party manufacturing providers, including specification agreement, facility audits and their system for monitoring product compliance
- Assist in problem solving by providing direction and guidance in the resolution of technical and quality issues in supply chain
- Investigate all customer complaints and ensure complaints procedure is implemented.
- Third level degree qualification in a food science or microbiology or related discipline.
- 5+ years’ experience as a Quality Assurance Manager position or a similar role.
- Fluent German & English language is a must
- Previous experience beneficial with drafting and management of product input specifications.
- Good working Knowledge of food safety standards i.e. BRC, FSSC22000, Tesco etc.
- Practical experience of implementing those standards and leading those audits
- IRCA certified lead auditor desired but not essential
- Strong attention to detail and concern for standards with a keen result orientation.
- Strong Problem solving and analytical skills; and project management skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with the proven ability to work in teams and to relate to colleagues, managers, suppliers, customers and external agencies alike.
- Ability to develop credibility in the business and challenge the status quo
- Strong IT skills – power point, excel and word.
- The employer can provide employment only to candidates with EU citizenship
- Permanent position
- Market leading salary on offer for the successful candidate, with a lucrative bonus and benefits package
- Support in transition period.
Please submit your application in English by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us for more information on +385 (0)1 5626 651
Please reference the position you wish to apply for in the e-mail title.
All CVs will be treated in the strictest confidence.
AA EURO CROATIA d.o.o.
Savska cesta 32/IX