Network Operations Centre Engineer – Tier 2 (m/f)
Network Operations Centre Engineer – Tier 2 (m/f) – Remote Work
AA Euro Croatia is a member of AA Euro Group Ltd. Ireland. We are a specialist Recruitment Consultancy operating globally. We recruit for jobs in Ireland and Europe across the Construction, Engineering, Manufacturing, Security, Finance & HR.
We have been retained to recruit a NOC Engineer – Tier 2 by a leading Communications Group, based in Limerick, Ireland. The Network Operations Centre Engineer Tier 2 will provide 2nd line technical support for the Network Operations Centre team to resolve faults/events per customers SLAs once not resolved at Tier 1 level.
- Provide 2nd line technical support for the Network Operations Centre team to resolve faults/events per customers SLAs.
- Ensure customers are kept fully up to date with the status of notified incidents/queries as per SLAs
- Mentoring of 1st line technical support engineers.
- Provide timely completion of root cause investigations after fault scenarios.
- Planning and execution of network change activities such as network configuration changes, platform migrations, software upgrades
- Operational verification of new network infrastructure and platforms
- Facilities Management – oversee the ongoing maintenance of the facilities across the country
- Change management approval and scheduling
- Vendor/partner interaction and escalation handling
- Participation in company emergency callout Rota
- Additional duties as required
- In depth knowledge of DWDM/Ethernet/IP/MPLS/Wireless, preferably specialized in one with a good grounding in the others
- Excellent communication skills with ability to build strong relationships with peer engineers internally and externally in customer and vendor organizations.
- Good understanding of Co-location Build (Power, Aircon, batteries, BMS)
- Good understanding of transmission and routing & switching network principles, including service and network build experience in those platforms
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail with an ability to multitask
- High levels of flexibility, willingness to learn and develop and awareness of future trends in the telecommunications industry
- Familiarity with one (or more) of the following vendor platforms – Nokia (formerly Alcatel-Lucent), Juniper, Ceragon, Ciena, or Coriant (formerly Tellabs)
- Experience testing or validating Carrier Network design and rollout.
- Cisco/Juniper/Nokia - IP/Ethernet certification
- Track record of successful technical project execution
- Familiarity with ITIL framework
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- The employer can provide employment only to candidates with EU citizenship
- Fully remote work
- Competitive salary depending on qualifications
- Opportunity to work with a skilled team of professionals.
Please submit your application in English by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us for more information on +385 91 1130 055
Please reference the position you wish to apply for in the e-mail title.
All CVs will be treated in the strictest confidence.
AA EURO CROATIA d.o.o.
Savska cesta 32/IX