Ovaj oglas je istekao 20.03.2023. i više nije aktivan.
Sadržaj oglasa prikazan je isključivo u informativne svrhe.
Voucher Examiner / Payroll Liaison (m/f)
Hiring Agency: Embassy Zagreb
Position Title: Voucher Examiner / Payroll Liaison - Open to All Interested Applicants/All Sources
Open Period: 03/07/2023 - 03/27/2023 Format MM/DD/YYYY
Vacancy Time Zone: GMT+1
Series/Grade: LE - 0420 7
Salary: EUR €28,169
Work Schedule: Full-time - 40 hours per week
Promotion Potential: LE-7
Duty Location(s): 1 Vacancy in Zagreb, HR
Telework Eligible: No
For More Info: HR Section, [email protected]
Hiring Path: Open to the public
Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency: All Interested Applicants / All Sources
Security Clearance Required: Public Trust - Background Investigation
Appointment Type: Permanent
Appointment Type Details: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
Marketing Statement: We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
The work schedule for this position is:
Full Time (40 hours per week)
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (4 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Supervisory Position: No
Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
Travel Required: Not Required
The incumbent serves as Voucher Examiner and Payroll Liaison. Duties include a full range of payroll support tasks in coordination with the Human Resources office, as well as examination and preparation of a full range of vouchers for payments, ranging from routine to complex, associated with the purchase of goods and services for all agencies at the Embassy. Reviews and prepares complete sets of invoices and supporting documents for approval by the certifying officer, for vouchers processed. Enters vouchers and appropriate data into the financial and payment systems or prepares payment packages for further processing to the regional support center for electronic payments. Back up to the other voucher examiner, and completes other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of two years' experience in fiscal clerical work, accounting, or voucher examining is required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must have an excellent knowledge of the local banking system, and local contributions and tax regulations. Must also have a sound knowledge of accounting procedures.
EDUCATION: Must have at least two years of full time post-secondary study at college or university.
NOTE: In order to qualify on education, you MUST submit requested EDUCATIONAL RECORD to verify your educational requirement. If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you will not be considered for the position.
LANGUAGE: English: Good Working Knowledge (this will be tested) - Croatian: Fluent
Please ensure that you complete all of the language levels required, including the Primary language Croatian.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Skillful in using all of the programs in the MS Office Suite. Must have excellent numerical skills. Must be able to effectively communicate orally and in writing, to explain and interpret factual information, and their implications.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Zagreb, Croatia may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
Locally Employed Staff benefits:
- Bonus (13th month salary)
- Annual Performance based increase
- Premium compensation for Overtime Work, Work on Holidays etc.
- 100% paid Sick leave (Up to 42 days)
- Time-off for both Croatian and U.S. Holidays (approx. 20 days off per year)
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
For the current COVID-19 Requirements please visit the following link.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
1. AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
2. AEFM / USEFM
3. FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), Letter from Veterans’ Affairs which indicates the present existence of a service-connected disability dated within the past six months, equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply:
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance level.
To apply for this position, click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
Please ensure that you have attached all the required documents.
To qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested degree and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. Failure to provide requested information, or the information is insufficient to verify eligibility, may result in disqualification for this position.
• Residency and/or Work Permit /or Croatia ID Card
• Degree (not transcript)
Eligible Family Member Applicants:
• Copy of Sponsor's Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
• Passport copy
• DD-214 - Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
• SF-50 (if applicable)
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information - the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Zagreb, Croatia.