Ovaj oglas je istekao 11.01.2020. i više nije aktivan.
Sadržaj oglasa prikazan je isključivo u informativne svrhe.
Senior Fibre Optic Design Engineer (m/f) – Limerick, Ireland
AA Euro Croatia is a member of AA Euro Group Ltd. We are a specialist Recruitment Consultancy operating globally. We recruit for jobs in Ireland and Europe across the Construction, Engineering, Manufacturing, Security, Finance & HR.
We are seeking a Senior Fibre Optic Design Engineer for a utility infrastructure consultancy and construction company, operating extensively within the utilities sector in Ireland, the UK and internationally. The ideal candidate will have strong telecommunications experience. The role will be based in their Limerick office which is to the south of the city.
- Implementation of the company Safety Charter and Life Saving Rules
- Delivery of all design related duties to an exceptionally high standard
- Demonstrates active listening skills with customers and internal teams
- Liaising with customers & the ability to gain confidence with the customer
- Excellent understanding of fibre network architectures & network topology and adherence to standards, processes and procedures for all relevant policies
- Identify sales opportunities beyond project scope.
- Show personal accountability and result oriented behaviour at all times
- Actively builds and maintain a wide contact network with customers, suppliers, competitors and colleagues
- Ensuring that all work-packs are signed off and issued to the ‘Person Issuing the Works’ (PIW) for all works.
Design Outputs & Responsibilities:
- Production of High Level Designs, Low Level Designs, Site Work Packs, Splice Plans, Bill of Materials, Bill of quantities, straight line diagrams and As-Built Engineering
- Plan and design a fibre optic network utilising primarily ESBN infrastructure but may include third party and new build routes to enable a FTTB build.
- Identification of required SI’s and duct routes to be proven
- Follow through with LLD submissions to approval process with the client.
- Provide technical expertise on all aspects of fibre design and planning
- Assisting site crews with FTTB rollout and track build changes and suggest alternative routes where required
- Assist design team in driving of improvement in costs, timescales and quality conducting quality control of fibre engineering designs
- Continue to develop understanding of OSP network design key drivers affecting cost in OSP network rollouts, with the ultimate goal of providing value engineering.
- Site surveying and reviewing network routes
- Report on project deliverables to department manager
- Reporting of Eligibility files for your assigned Clusters: - Client, Operations, QS & FOW
- Reviewing of all handovers and signing off of the SLD hand eligibility file prior to submission to the client
- Manage an effective quality control and verification process for fibre design and survey outputs, including BoQ and BoM required for construction and installation
- Deliver network requirements to agreed quality of service and financial targets.
- Good knowledge of private wayleave and customer consents
- Support the team responsible for obtaining consents, wayleaves and approvals
- To keep up-to-date on new fibre technologies, build techniques and design innovations to drive improvements in cost, quality and timescales.
- Manage and prioritise own workload taking into account your own objectives and those of the wider team
- Mentor and support team members
- Attend weekly design meetings to provide updated to design manager
- Regular review of design standards to ensure quality is maintained
- Carry out audit and site tours
- Issue reports in line with manager & client requirements
- Meeting targets and KPI levels set by the design manager
- Where observed identify any hazards that the design may present during construction and subsequent maintenance
- Where observed identify to the lead designer where possible hazards can be eliminated or risk reduced
- Assist lead designer where required to ensure the design risk assessments are completed during design process
- Assist the lead designer to ensure the DRA is updated at as-built stage for submission with handover documents e.g. O&M manuals and Safety File
- Ensure company Group’s Safety Charter and Life Saving Rules are adhered to at all times
- Compliance with company Group’s safety rules when attending site while on a design related capacity.
- Adhere with all ISO 9001, 14001 & 18001 accreditation & process requirements
- Knowledge of Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations 2013
- Recognised academic training such as a HND or Degree course
- Proficient use and knowledge of software such as AutoCAD, Word, Excel & Outlook
- Evidence of several consistent successes within the utilities sector
- Ability to evidence recent relevant design experience
- Experience in people and line leadership
- Developed client facing skills with a client orientated approach
- Commercially astute
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work within a team
- Proficient in AutoCAD & FOW design tools
- Able to balance competing priorities and meet personal targets within a fluctuating & demanding workload
- Committed to Company Mission, Vision and Values and Business Objectives
- Customer focus; Professional; Honesty and Integrity
- Positive and flexible approach
- Open to innovation and collaboration
- Right first time approach
- Proactive with the ability to think ahead.
- Strong personality and professional attitude
- Excellent in verbal and written English.
- The employer can provide employment only to candidates with EU citizenship
- Permanent employment
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- Opportunity to work with a skilled team of professionals
- Support in transition period.
Please submit your application in English by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us for more information on +385 (0)1 5626 651
Please reference the position you wish to apply for in the e-mail title.
All CVs will be treated in the strictest confidence.
AA EURO CROATIA d.o.o.
Savska cesta 32/IX