RPG / Cobol Developer (m/f/d)
STRABAG BRVZ d.o.o.
RPG / Cobol Developer (m/f/d)
STRABAG employs about 79,000 people at 700 locations around the world, working on progress. Our projects are characterised by their uniqueness and individual strengths, just like each and every one of us. From building construction and structural engineering, road construction and civil engineering, bridge building and tunnelling, project development, building materials production or facility management – we think ahead, and aim to become the most innovative and sustainable construction technology group in Europe. Equal opportunity, diversity and inclusion are an integral part of who we are as a company and how we operate. Together we work as partners to complete projects successfully and grow with new challenges. Together we achieve great things. Build the future with us!
Apply now to become part of our team.
As part of the STRABAG Group, we - STRABAG BRVZ - provide all commercial and IT services throughout the Group. In IT, we look after many thousands of international users and cover the entire spectrum of the IT world. From software development, IT purchasing, product management and support to classic IT operations with our own data centres and the internal service desk. 500 IT employees work every day to optimally equip and support the STRABAG Group units. Become part of our IT team - we look forward to receiving your application!
Are you comfortable with procedural programming and interested in leveraging your experience in a global context? For more than three decades, we've been developing our ERP system on the IBM System i/RPG platform. We are seeking additional support for our cross-location teams, which cover various systems, ranging from the personnel management system handling over 77,000 payroll transactions every month to custom construction applications.
Following tasks await you:
- Development and Enhancement of ERP and construction software in the backend environment of IBM i & RPG
- Assisting with requirement analyses and developing complex solutions
- You have the opportunity to further enhance your knowledge in procedural programming and explore a variety of other technologies, from microservices and in-memory databases to AI/SaaS solutions
- Ensuring the continuous delivery of software within an agile team
- Participating in code reviews and collaborative solution design sessions, where you'll share your expertise with fellow team members
- Extensive programming knowledge and a desire to explore emerging frameworks and technologies
- Several years of hands-on experience in the software development domain
- Proficiency in a procedural programming language preferably in IBM i RPG, COBOL, FORTRAN, or PL/I
- You possess strong communication skills, work collaboratively as a team player, exhibit a high level of dedication, and actively propose solutions
- Fluent German and/or English language skills (written/spoken)
Siegburger Str. 241
Tel. +49 160 3776309