Ovaj oglas je istekao 18.12.2022. i više nije aktivan.
Sadržaj oglasa prikazan je isključivo u informativne svrhe.
Purchasing Agent (m/f)
Hiring Agency: Embassy Zagreb
Position Title: Purchasing Agent - Open to all Interested Applicants
Open Period: 12/05/2022 - 12/18/2022 Format MM/DD/YYYY
Vacancy Time Zone: GMT+1
Series/Grade: LE - 0810 7
Salary: HRK kn212.239
Work Schedule: Full-time - 40hrs per week
Promotion Potential: LE-7
Duty Location(s): 1 in Zagreb, HR
Telework Eligible: No
For More Info: HR Section, [email protected]
Hiring Path: Open to the public
Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency: All Interested Applicants / All Sources
Security Clearance Required: Public Trust - Background Investigation
Appointment Type Permanent
Appointment Type Details: Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40 hours per week)
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (4 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Supervisory Position: No
Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
Travel Required: Occasional Travel, As required for procurement/purchase of goods.
The incumbent procures variety of goods and services for use at post which include both technical and "off the shelf" commodities, while ensuring that all federal procurement regulations are followed and that purchases either are reasonably priced and/or have been competed as required by federal regulations. Works with internal clients to ensure that embassy obtains the goods and services required. Acts as back-up to the other General Service Office Procurement Agent(s).
EXPERIENCE: Two years of progressively responsible work in a role involving the procurement of goods and services and/or maintaining relationships with vendors is required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must have a good knowledge of local market practices and of the capability of local suppliers. Must know local pricing customs and practices.
Completion of Secondary School
NOTE: In order to qualify on education, you MUST submit requested EDUCATIONAL RECORD to verify your educational requirement. If you fail to provide requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you will not be considered for the position
LANGUAGE: English: Fluent “This will be tested” / Croatia: Fluent
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Typing of 35 wpm, use of PC, calculator, and drafting correspondence. Must be computer literate and familiar with MS Word and Outlook. Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Zagreb, Croatia may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
Locally Employed Staff benefits:
- Bonus (13th month salary)
- Annual Performance based increase
- Premium compensation for Overtime Work, Work on Holidays etc.
- 100% paid Sick leave (Up to 42 days)
- Time-off for both Croatian and U.S. Holidays (approx. 20 days off per year)
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
For the current COVID-19 Requirements please visit the following link.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
1. AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
2. AEFM / USEFM
3. FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), Letter from Veterans’ Affairs which indicates the present existence of a service-connected disability dated within the past six months, equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply:
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance.
To apply for this position, click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
Please ensure that you complete all of the language levels required, including the Primary language Croatian and attach the required documents.
To qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested degree and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. Failure to provide requested information, or the information is insufficient to verify eligibility, may result in disqualification for this position.
• Residency and/or Work Permit
• High School Diploma/Certificate
Eligible Family Member Applicants:
• Copy of Sponsor's Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
• Passport copy
• DD-214 - Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
• SF-50 (if applicable)
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Zagreb, Croatia.