Ovaj oglas je istekao 06.10.2018. i više nije aktivan.
Sadržaj oglasa prikazan je isključivo u informativne svrhe.
Head of Support Services / Jefe/a de Servicios de Soporte / Responsable des Services de Soutien Global Roster (m/f)
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) supports the successful implementation of its partners’ peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. Our mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner. Working in some of the world’s most challenging environments, our vision is to advance sustainable implementation practices, always satisfying or surpassing our partners’ expectations. With over 7,000 personnel spread across 80 countries, UNOPS offers its partners the logistical, technical and management knowledge they need, wherever they need it. A flexible structure and global reach means that we can quickly respond to our partners' needs, while offering the benefits of economies of scale. For further information, please visit unops.org
UNOPS Country Offices /Multi Country Offices are responsible for managing strategic and operational risks associated with a subset of the regional portfolio of engagements, developing and delivering cost effective services contributing to partners’ sustainable results and achievements of UNOPS management results. There are currently 19 of these Country Offices / Multi Country Offices located in Asia, Europe, the Middle East, Africa Latin America and the Carribean.
The Head of Support Services is a critical leadership role in the Country Offices / Multi Country Offices / Global Clusters, reporting to the Director, who provides general guidance and supervision. The role is responsible for providing an efficient and integrated support service for the Country Office / Multi Country Office / Global Cluster dealing on a daily basis with a diverse team of national and international professionals.
Global Rosters are designed to further strengthen UNOPS capacity to identify talent and to enable succession planning for business critical roles. Where a Global Roster has been established for a particular role, any future vacancy will be filled from the Global Roster, unless there is a need for a specific skill or expertise that members of the Global Roster do not have.
Persons who apply to be included in a Global Roster will undergo a rigorous assessment. This assessment will serve as a prequalification exercise, and those who successfully complete the assessment will be members of the Global Roster.
UNOPS is now seeking to replenish the Global Roster for the Head of Support Services role.
- Operational leadership, advisory and technical support
- Project planning and coordination support
- Financial and compliance management
- Human resource management
- Administration and information technology
- Knowledge management and innovation
- A Master’s degree in a relevant related field is required.
- A combination of Bachelor’s degree with an additional 2 years of relevant work experience may be accepted in lieu of the education requirements outlined above.
- A minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible experience covering at least two of the following operations functions: Procurement, Finance, Logistics/ Asset Management and Human Resources. Knowledge of the other functions is desirable.
- A minimum of 3 years of leadership experience, including a proven track record managing staff and operational systems, is required.
- Some experience in UN system organizations preferably in a developing country is desirable.
- Experience dealing with UN regulations, rules and policies in the areas of contracting, procurement and human resources is desirable.
- Full working knowledge of English or French or Spanish is essential.
- Knowledge of Arabic or another official UNOPS language is an asset.
Information about the role of the Head of Support Services at UNOPS is set out below.
As these positions are in a number of locations, candidates are expected to be internationally mobile. Candidates with demonstrated field experience are encouraged to apply, and relevant work experience from field based assignments, including hardship duty stations will be an asset. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Kindly note that a WebEx information session will take place on the 13th of September at 13:00 Copenhagen time. Please send us an email on email@example.com if you would like to register for the WebEx.