Enterprise Applications Specialist (m/f)
We are looking for an Enterprise Applications Specialist to join the IT team at EMBL headquarters in Heidelberg and to develop, support and integrate a portfolio of enterprise systems (CRM, research management, amongst other systems) underpinning business IT workflows at EMBL.
Includes the following responsibilities:
• provide technical support for EMBL enterprise systems during and after project implementation
• assist in building and maintaining application integration across the portfolio of enterprise applications and systems
• manage relationships and ensure effective communication with a range of groups including internal stakeholders and service providers
• Issue & Change Request Management: act as interface between EMBL users, EMBL IT and software providers; lead change request management incl. budget monitoring, attend regular user group meetings
• we offer you the opportunity to work with cutting-edge IT technology and within a team of experts who provide world-class IT solutions to our users across multiple centres in support of science at EMBL
• a competitive salary and a comprehensive pension scheme; medical, educational and other social benefits, as well as financial sponsorship for relocation and installation for you and your family
• a flexible and friendly, international working environment fostering creativity
• certified training and continued development of your professional and personal skills
• we are an inclusive, equal opportunity employer strongly committed to achieving gender balance
• to be part of one of the world’s highest ranked scientific research organizations and to commit to this joint effort to better understand the principles of life
• a degree with a business or technical background or equivalent qualification
• several years of IT project management / consulting experience
• proven experience in maintaining, supporting and integrating enterprise applications
• solid knowledge of systems architecture (application and infrastructure)
• strong analytical skills, a conceptual approach and are used to working in cross-functional teams
• a high degree of customer and service orientation
• excellent social and communication skills
• a high level of self-motivation and are used to work independently and as part of a team
• excellent command of English and spoken and written knowledge of German
You might also have
• experience of working in an international environment
What else you need to know
We are Europe’s flagship research laboratory for the life sciences – an intergovernmental organisation performing scientific research in disciplines including molecular biology, physics, chemistry and computer science.
We are an international, innovative and interdisciplinary laboratory with 1700 employees from many nations operating across six sites, in Heidelberg (DE, headquarters), Barcelona (ES), Hinxton near Cambridge (UK), Hamburg (DE), Grenoble (FR) and Rome (IT).
The working language of the institute is English.
If you feel you have the right skills and experience, please apply online at embl.org/jobs!
Discover more on working with EMBL IT Services at embl.org/itservices.
Closing date: 13. August 2021
• Contract duration: 3 years (renewable)
• Grading: 6 or 7 (monthly salary starting from 3.700€ after tax, plus other paid benefits)
• Reference number: HD01996