Contracts Officer (based in Germany) (m/f)
EUMETSAT is an international organisation employing staff from across all 30 member states and this role is being advertised on multiple international job boards, but please note that this role would be based in Darmstadt, Germany and would require international applicants to relocate if successful.
It is an exciting time to be working at EUMETSAT. As an organisation, we are operating a fleet of satellites delivering weather and climate-related satellite data and images to our users worldwide; helping protect lives, property and industries.
The Contracts Division provides contractual and commercial expertise across the organisation, contributing to ensuring that procurements are timely, well managed and follow the EUMETSAT financial and procurement rules, procedures and best practices.
The Contracts Division are seeking an experienced Contacts Officer for a senior position within their interdisciplinary team. The incumbent will be responsible for the procurement process, preparation, negotiation and post contract award management of high value and highly technical contracts, in particular relating to the development of satellite and ground segment hardware and software systems, and the provision of technical services in support of those systems. In addition, this Contracts Officer will also have managerial responsibility for a small team.
· Lead from a contract perspective procurements of ground segment hardware and software systems, and related development support services, including:
o Preparation and evaluation of tender documentation, in coordination with a multidisciplinary team of specialists;
o Negotiation of contracts in coordination as part of a multidisciplinary negotiation team
o Management of signed contracts with the designated technical officer, including escalation of critical issues to management, as necessary;
· Advise technical divisions on procurement matters and the procurement procedures;
· Preparation, negotiation and management of contractual aspects of cooperation agreements with ESA and other development partners;
· Participate in and provide EUMETSAT’s contractual inputs to ESA-led procurements of satellites and on-board instruments, and related support services;
· Ensuring compliance with EUMETSAT contractual and financial procedures.
Salary: 631647.12-767000.04 HRK/YEAR
Job address: Darmstadt
· Excellent salary, of up to Euro 8,500/month NET (after income tax) based on skills and experience
· Flexible working time including additional flexi-leave
· Full medical coverage for employee and family
· Attractive pension
· 30 days annual leave + 14.5 days public holidays
· Training and development support
· Relocation allowance (if applicable)
· University degree or equivalent in law, economics or business studies.
Skills and Experience Requirements:
· At least 10 years’ experience in the preparation, negotiation and post contract award management mainly of development and service contracts in the areas of satellite, ground segment facilities, aerospace or high technology products, preferably in the frame of international public procurement;
· Ability to understand complex technical issues and convert these into clear documents on procurement matters and contractual text;
· Proven negotiation skills in the context of contractual content and financial matters;
· Experience in the use of Enterprise Resource Planning and Document Management tools is desirable;
· Ability to work independently and as part of team;
· Well-balanced interpersonal and communication skills, combined with a strong customer focus, while also ensuring compliance with the procurement procedures.
· Proven experience in managing staff.