Ovaj oglas je istekao 06.09.2022. i više nije aktivan.
Sadržaj oglasa prikazan je isključivo u informativne svrhe.
Consular Assistant (m/f)
Hiring Agency: Embassy Zagreb
Position Title: Consular Assistant - Open to All Interested Applicants
Open Period: 08/24/2022 - 09/06/2022 Format MM/DD/YYYY
Vacancy Time Zone: GMT+1
Series/Grade: LE - 1415 7
Salary: HRK kn212.239
Work Schedule: Full-time - 40 hours per week
Promotion Potential: LE-7
Duty Location(s): 1 in Zagreb, HR
Telework Eligible: No
For More Info: HR Section, ZagrebJobs@state.gov
• Open to the public
Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
All Interested Applicants / All Sources
Security Clearance Required:
Public Trust - Background Investigation
We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
The work schedule for this position is:
Full Time (40 hours per week)
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (4 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
Relocation Expenses Reimbursed:
This position combines responsibilities in the American Citizen Services (ACS), Immigrant Visas (IV), and Non-immigrant Visas (NIV) Units along with backup cashiering duties. The incumbent assists with the full range of consular services in all three Units of the Consular Section as needed. The incumbent will cover whenever a member of the Consular Section is on leave and will be expected to follow each Unit’s specific procedures.
EXPERIENCE: Two years of experience in office administrative work involving contact with the public.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Intermediate computer skills and familiarity with office procedures.
Completion of Secondary School is required.
LANGUAGE: English: Good Working Knowledge (will be tested) / Croatian: Fluent.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Tact, sensitivity and a good sense of public relations. Ability to work under pressure and shift gears in a hurry to accommodate a broad range of activities. Ability to work effectively in a team. Level I typing and intermediate computer skills are required.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Zagreb, Croatia may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
For the current COVID-19 Requirements please visit the following link.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
1. AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
2. AEFM / USEFM
3. FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), Letter from Veterans’ Affairs which indicates the present existence of a service-connected disability dated within the past six months, equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply:
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public clearance level clearance.
Please ensure that you complete all of the language levels required, including the Primary language Croatian.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
To qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested degree and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. Failure to provide requested information, or the information is insufficient to verify eligibility, may result in disqualification for this position.
• Residency and/or Work Permit
• High School Certificate
Eligible Family Member Applicants:
• Copy of Sponsor's Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
• DD-214 - Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
• SF-50 (if applicable)
Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information - the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.