Configuration Management Engineer (m/f)
At EUMETSAT, you can make a world of difference and be a part of something that makes a positive impact on society. You will be at the cutting edge of satellite technology, with a meaningful role in an organisation focused on space-based observations of the Earth’s weather and climate.
This role is based in the EUMETSAT headquarters in Darmstadt, Germany.
Working as part of a multinational team of professionals, the Configuration Management Engineer provides Configuration Management support to the development, commissioning and operations of the ground systems component of our satellite systems.
· Define, maintain and improve working practices implementing EUMETSAT Change and Configuration Management (CM) processes applicable to ground systems “as designed”, during the development and commissioning phases, and “as built”, during the operations phase;
· Implement these CM working practices with the support of services procured from industry;
· Ensure that the software, hardware and documentation configurations baselines are properly set and maintained, performing regular configuration audits and inspections on the systems under configuration;
· Manage day-to-day activities related to the development, maintenance, testing and administration of the CM tools and database;
· Ensure regular CM reporting, including the relevant metrics and key performance indicators;
· Control changes to configuration items and organise and manage meeting of Change Control Boards and as relevant, Anomaly Review Boards;
· Contribute to the continuous improvement of the EUMETSAT CM Policy, related implementation framework and specifications;
· Excellent salary, in excess of 7,500 Euro (Net / after deductions) based on skills and experience
· Flexible working time including additional days of flexi-leave
· 30 days paid annual leave + 14.5 days public holidays
· Full medical coverage for family
· Attractive pension
· Training and development support
· Relocation allowance for international applicants
· Proven experience in implementing and conducting Configuration Management of large scale, software-intensive systems in an operational environment, preferably for high-availability (24h/7d) systems;
· Very good understanding of software development standards with significant practical experience in managing computer systems configurations, software development activities (source code), build and packaging environments;
· Proven experience in Process Modelling for complex processes;
· Professional knowledge of Configuration Management tools (e.g. Micro Focus Dimensions CM, Clearcase/Clearquest, Jira...), administration of a CM tool will be considered as a specific asset;
· Exposure to Software Development with Object-Oriented Programming languages such as Java or C++, use of Relational Databases (e.g. ORACLE, SYBASE), testing methodology and supporting tools, and quality standards and models related to Change and Configuration management processes (e.g. ITIL, ISO, ANSI, ECSS, CMMI);
· Very good interpersonal skills and experience of project and team management, with the ability to organise the work of others, ensuring timely deliverables, with a proven ability to apply these to working within, and across, teams.
As an intergovernmental European Organisation, EUMETSAT has 30 Member States (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey and the United Kingdom).