Location: Savudrija (Istra), Portorož (Slovenia)
WE ARE HIRING in Savudrija, Croatia & Portorož, Slovenia; @Kempinski Hotel Adriatic, Istria Croatia & @Kempinski Palace Portoroz - Cluster Director of Sales & Marketing (m/f) - With min. 5-7 years of experience in Sales & Marketing (ideally hospitality industry), responsible for orienting and following up to materialize the budgeted revenues of respective segments through existing clientele and key prospects. This position focuses on the hotel’s national and international key accounts / key prospects base.
What we need from you:
- Supervise preparations and definition of the Sales & Marketing Plan and participate in setting up the sales & marketing policies, procedures and objectives.
- Determine the corporate/travel trade marketing and sales strategy related to pricing and promoting to meet the objectives outlined in the Sales & Marketing Plan.
- Ensure that regular and appropriate communication is carried out with the Global Sales Offices that assist the Hotel Sales & Marketing team in achieving their goals.
- Ensure the ideal and most effective utilisation of the meeting and conference rooms.
- Follow the sales and marketing results (accounts’ room night productivity, revenue, etc.) and propose corrective actions if needed.
- Maintain and maximize the utilization of all automated sales and reservations systems involved with group business.
- Through various tools (e.g. media, social events, gatherings with competition etc.), explore economical data, new developments in certain companies’ structures, new assignments, industrial complexes, new business centers, new projects which all could be of interest and benefit of the hotel and distribute this information to relevant staff.
- Keep close follow up on developments of the competitor hotels (occupancy, structural alterations, renovation, special campaigns, rate promotions, marketing efforts, theme events etc.). Also explore and compare corporate traffic amongst the competition.
- Propose ideas for promotional materials to be distributed during sales calls, international trade shows and for other promotional activities.
- Supervise (and handle when necessary) the group and individual reservation requests. Follow-up the progress of the booked business.
- Set up the corporate rates for local/international companies / travel trade accounts as well as other commercial accounts.
- Maintain a fair account distribution amongst the sales employees who will be responsible to manage (visit, handling complaints, update information and follow up) their own account group.
- Propose and coordinate the promotional activities undertaken by sales department and / or Food & Beverage.
- Project and prepare the participation procedure for domestic or international trade shows, fairs, exhibitions, workshops, road-shows, sales blitzes etc. and participate in such professional business related events.
- Supervise the quotations of group and travel agency rates as well as international corporate rates offered for multinational companies (directly or through travel consortia’s). Make sure that the respective Kempinski Global Sales Offices are informed of such quotations.
What we offer:
- Min. 5 -7 years of relevant experience in Sales & Marketing management; Hotel Operations experience a plus.
- College Degree in Hospitality, University or Hotel School education preferred
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment
- You are friendly and accommodating with strong leadership and analytical skills
- Ability to quickly adapt to a constantly changing market with a revenue positive effect
- Demonstrate the key leadership qualities as identified by the VP Sales
- Analytical approach to problem solving and demonstrated ability to “think outside of the box”
- Demonstrate creative and innovative approach to Sales & Marketing activities
- Negotiation skills and selling skills
- Revenue and target focus
- Fluent in English additional languages such as German and Italian are a plus
- Flexible working hours
- Possibility of permanent contract
- Initial salary by agreement (depending on experience)
- Attractive monthly bonuses
- Free meals during the shift
- Provided accommodation or paid travel expenses for employees residing/staying outside the workplace
- The possibility of employment in Kempinski hotels around the world
Please apply via application link below or e-mail: [email protected]