Application Engineer (m/f/d)
Scalable Global Solutions d.d. (SGS) is a Croatian-based company shaping the Future of Work. Thanks to DaaS (Department as a Solution), SGS enables international small and medium-sized companies to select, create, implement, manage, operate and move their local teams and departments into Croatia. SGS is where ambitious and skilled talent finds full-time opportunities for fast-growing and impactful companies across Europe.
Our client, dSPACE is the global market leader and innovator of hardware and software solutions for embedded controller software development in the Automotive, Aerospace and Manufacturing industries. Founded in Germany in 1988 today dSPACE employs over 2,000 dedicated people worldwide, who are committed to making the embedded controls software development process efficient through innovative tools and services. For their office in Zagreb dSPACE is looking for creative and motivated professionals. You will work on exciting and technologically cutting-edge product development projects, in the areas of control prototyping and Hardware-In-the-Loop (HIL) simulation.
Application Engineer [F/M/D]
[Location: Zagreb Office]
Language Skills: English B2/C1
dSPACE Hardware-in-the-Loop (HIL) simulators are used by our customers to develop ECUs. The real-time simulations include physical behavior models (e.g. engine models, vehicle dynamics models, battery models), sensor models, and bus communication models (e.g. CAN, FlexRay, Ethernet). As a result of the constant progress of the ECUs to be developed, the models used at the customer's site must be regularly adapted and expanded to include new submodels.
As a member of our customer project team, you will ensure the smooth operation of our HIL simulators and coordinate short-term support cases as well as long-term development projects.
- Bachelor´s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or comparable
- Good knowledge of software development with either one of Python, .NET (C#), C++, C, or comparable environments
- Good conversational English skills (B2)
NICE TO HAVE (desirable, but not mandatory, any of this is a benefit, the more the better)
- Experience with MATLAB® / Simulink®
- Experience with automotive bus systems (e.g. CAN, LIN, FlexRay or Ethernet)
- German language skills (is a plus)
Education (min): Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or comparable
Willingess to Travel (%): 20%
Reports to Manager
Sector: Cloud ICT solutions
Contract: Full-Time permanent
Working at dSPACE means taking on challenging and varied tasks in a promising and exciting industry. With dSPACE, you have a responsibility and can shape your personal career. A collegial and cooperative approach is as natural for us as the continuous development of your expertise.
Role description / Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Development of a custom toolchain for the generation of model-based real-time simulations or automatic model manipulation
- Setup of different test environments
- Development and execution of validation tests for multiple powertrain control units
- Providing innovative solutions in the field of model-based development and simulation of vehicle bus systems
- Working in an agile dSPACE project team
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Independent and reliable way of working
- Communication and team skills
If you are ready to be part of this diverse and unique team, don't hesitate to send your application, we are willing to know you.
Scalable Global Solutions d.d. / Ulica grada Vukovara 284 / 10000 Zagreb / Croatia