Senior Network Engineer (m/f)
Senior Network Engineer (m/f) – Remote Work
AA Euro Croatia is a member of AA Euro Group Ltd. Ireland. We are a specialist Recruitment Consultancy operating globally. We recruit for jobs in Ireland and Europe across the Construction, Engineering, Manufacturing, Security, Finance & HR.
We have been retained to recruit a Senior Network Engineer by a leading Communications Group in Ireland. For this remote position, the successful candidate will have expert knowledge of networking concepts and theory, and with experience participating in operational network support in a service provider environment. They will have solid knowledge and understanding of information security principles, protocols, standards, and practices. The Senior Network Engineer will use this skill set to provide design and support solutions to multiple areas of the business. They will report to the Development & Solutions Team Lead, based in Limerick, Ireland.
- End-to-end design, planning, implementation, and support of internal and customer network solutions
- Configuration, management and troubleshooting of network related issues
- Provide 3rd level operational network support
- Support day-to-day managed firewall administration
- Drive standards across the network and ensure that we are fully compliant to those standards and policies
- Create and review documentation and process regarding recurring issues, new standard operating procedures, knowledge transfer material, etc.
- Create internal design configuration documentation including network diagrams with technical explanations
- Work with Product Management to feedback on issues with current products and provide input around new products
- Perform technical development for bespoke solutions as part of a design and development framework
- Take the lead in technical workshops.
- Provide accurate and timely management information, to include - activity reports, network KPIs, project forecasts etc.
- Act as mentor to network team members
- Participate as escalation point in rotating third level on call support schedule
- A minimum of 5 years networking experience, ideally in a telecommunications environment but similar experience in an enterprise environment will also be considered.
- Certification of JNCIP/CCNP/NRSII or equivalent
- MEF Certification desirable
- Fortinet NSE certification desirable
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of Juniper & Alcatel Lucent routers and switches
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with routing protocols, specifically BGP, MPLS, ISIS, OSPF, RADIUS
- Experience with the following protocols and concepts: ISP Peering Infrastructure, BNG, TCP/IP, UDP, NAT, QoS, HSRP/VRRP/GLBP, DNS, ARP, HTTP/HTTPS, SNMP, SSL, IPsec and TLS
- Track record of successful technical project execution
- Strong understanding of WAN and CPE QoS technologies including traffic prioritization and traffic shaping.
- Professional documentation skills experience relating to process/procedure plus technical design
- Experience in a network design and operation environment gained in an ISP or telco environment.
- Knowledge of ENISA & ISO27001 desirable.
- Excellent understanding of telecoms transmission & routing principles.
- Firewall configuration skills
- Excellent documentation skills.
- An awareness of future trends in the telecommunications industry.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office applications including Visio
- High levels of flexibility, willingness to learn and develop
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Identify areas for improvement
- Change agent
- Able to understand business drivers and risks involved to the customer and to the company
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- The employer can provide employment only to candidates with EU citizenship
- Fully remote work
- Competitive salary depending on qualifications
- Opportunity to work with a skilled team of professionals.
Please submit your application in English by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us for more information on +385 91 1130 055
Please reference the position you wish to apply for in the e-mail title.
All CVs will be treated in the strictest confidence.
AA EURO CROATIA d.o.o.
Savska cesta 32/IX