Senior Hardware Design Engineer (m/f)
Yazaki Corporation, founded in 1929 as the first Japanese manufacturer of automotive cabling systems, today employs over 249,000 people worldwide in 45 countries and 143 locations. In the automotive sector, the product range includes cabling systems, connector systems, electromechanical components, sensors and displays. As a supplier to almost all well-known car manufacturers we achieve an annual turnover of approx. 15 billion Euros.
Yazaki, the leading supplier of components and cabling, is looking for reinforcing Component Business Unit in Branch Office Zagreb as soon as possible with a Senior Hardware Design Engineer!
To learn more about the candidate requirements and job details, read the full job posting.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop instrument clusters, smart junction boxes, body electronics design, fuel senders, quiescent relay boxes, for both passenger cars and trucks;
- Design, develop and test the hardware of automotive embedded systems according to customer requirements and internal procedures and write the corresponding documentation of design and testing activities;
- Assist quality assurance in verifying requirements, design, implementation and testing;
- Participate in quotation activities for new business;
- Support design validation and product validation of the products developed;
- Improve current hardware designs and make optimizations from the cost point of view;
- Manage large and small complete projects by planning and estimating work packages;
- Evaluate for selection or develop test and development tools from your area of expertise;
- Contribute to the development and implementation of standardized design methods and processes.
- Electrical Engineering University degree (High-Frequency)
- Knowledge about electronics: power supplies, digital and analog circuits, EMC / EMI norms;
- Knowledge and experience with CAD tools for schematic and layout design (e.g. Mentor Xpedition, OrCAD);
- Strong experience/knowledge in simulation tools (Spice, Simetrix) and worst case analisys (e.g. MathCAD);
- Knowledge about automotive interfaces (LIN, CAN);
- Previous automotive experience in hardware is an advantage, previous relevant hardware experience of at least 5 years is a must
- Knowledge of product development lifecycle with regards to automotive electronics industry would be a plus;
- Basic understanding of related design disciplines and experience with Project management would be a plus;
- Team oriented, communication skills, self-motivated hands-on mentality
- Business proficiency in English language in spoken and written communication is mandatory.
- Flexible in terms of intercultural-skills and having the customers schedule in focus
What we Offer?
- Job security within an international work environment
- Attractive compensation & benefit package
- Learning opportunities and working with motivated & collegial team
- As one of the largest automotive suppliers in the world we offer an exciting and varied working environment
Yazaki Europe Ltd., Branch Office Zagreb (YEL-Z)