Quality Assurance Engineer (m/f)
This is your chance to contribute to a world leading earth observation programme, set to generate global weather forecasting and climate monitoring benefits. As a Quality Assurance Engineer you will be at the heart of ensuring all elements of this complex system work together to deliver world leading meteorological products.
The Technical and Scientific Support (TSS) department provides support to the development and operations of EUMETSAT satellite systems as well as quality assurance and management support services to the full organisation, through its Process Assurance and Management Support Division (PRS).
THIS ROLE IS BASED IN THE EUMETSAT HEADQUARTERS IN DARMSTADT, GERMANY.
Quality Assurance Engineer (m/f)
The Quality Assurance Engineer for Operations and Information Security delivers QA support services to operations of satellite systems, services to users and other activities performed under the responsibility of the Operations & Services to Users (OPS) Department, including the definition and implementation of Quality Assurance requirements and processes for the EUMETSAT Information Security Management System.
· Deliver quality assurance support services to the operations of all EUMETSAT satellite systems, including:
-Monitoring of the satisfactory implementation of applicable QA requirements;
-Support to investigations and problem solving on detected anomalies, non-conformities and operational incidents.
· Provide, for the projects led by the OPS Department, quality and product assurance for the maintenance and evolution of operational ground systems and support services, including organisation of reviews, support and follow up of technical investigations;
· Facilitate the risk management in the area of satellite systems operations and information security, including organisation and follow-up of risk reviews at profect and departmental levels;
· Support the implementation of lessons learned in the area of satellite systems operations and information security;
· Support the definition, documentation, implementation, analysis and continual improvement of operations processes and associated working practices, and the assessment of their compliance with the EUMETSAT Management System;
· Support the definition, documentation, implementation, analysis and continual improvement of Information Security processes and associated working practices, and the assessment of their compliance with the EUMETSAT Management System;
· Support the harmonisation and standardisation of organisational processes for all QA aspects, contributing to their continual improvement;
· Perform and/or support EUMETSAT internal quality audits, as well as audits on contractors and suppliers;
· Generous salary, of up to Euro 7,500 / month NET (after income tax) based on skills and experience
· Flexible working time including additional flexi-leave
· Excellent medical coverage for employee and family
· Attractive pension
· 30 days of annual leave + 14.5 days public holidays
· Training and development support
· Relocation allowance and support (if applicable)
· Proven experience of minimum five years in the area of quality or product assurance on complex software-intensive systems, preferably in operational or 24/7 working environment;
· Experience in the definition and assessment of processes, good practices and/or standards in the field of quality assurance, combined with good knowledge and practice of the ISO 9001 and/or other relevant QA standards;
· Working knowledge of the standards related to information security, in particular: ISO IEC 27001 and 27002;
· Excellent interpersonal and team working skills, combined with analysis, synthesis and presentations ability to ensure effective and efficient work and interactions both within and across teams;
· Direct experience with ECSS standards would be an advantage.
· A university degree in engineering or computer science (or another relevant discipline).
· Certification in quality assurance, management or auditing would be an advantage.