Network Engineer (m/f)
Network Engineer (m/f) – Remote Work
AA Euro Croatia is a member of AA Euro Group Ltd. Ireland. We are a specialist Recruitment Consultancy operating globally. We recruit for jobs in Ireland and Europe across the Construction, Engineering, Manufacturing, Security, Finance & HR.
We have been retained to recruit, a Network Engineer by a leading Communications Group in Ireland. For this remote position, the successful candidate will have a strong knowledge of networking concepts and theory, with experience participating in operational network support in a service provider environment. They will have solid knowledge and understanding of Optical transport, plus routing & switching principles, protocols, standards, and practices. The Network Engineer will use this skill set to provide network design, rollout and operational support solutions to multiple areas of the business. They will report to the Rollout & Optimisation Team Lead, based in Limerick, Ireland.
- Network logical build (Layer 1-3) including design, configuration and handover of aggregation and core network elements
- Large scale network and services migration project execution
- Network performance review and improvement
- Provide 3rd level operational network support
- Support for internal customers prior and during change projects
- Configuration, management and troubleshooting of network related issues
- Drive standards across the network and ensure that we are fully compliant to those standards and policies
- Create internal design configuration documentation including network diagrams with technical explanations
- Create and review documentation and process regarding project issues, new standard operating procedures, knowledge transfer material, etc.
- Provide accurate and timely management information, to include - activity reports, network KPIs, project forecasts etc.
- Participate as escalation point in rotating third level on call support schedule
- A minimum of 5 years networking experience, ideally in a telecommunications environment but similar experience in an enterprise environment will also be considered.
- Certification of JNCIP/CCNP/NRSII or equivalent
- MEF Certification desirable
- Fortinet NSE certification desirable
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of
- DWDM/OTN network design and commissioning Nokia preferred
- Fibre optics and cabling distribution systems
- Juniper & Alcatel Lucent routers and switches desirable
- Routing protocols, specifically MPLS, ISIS, OSPF
- Track record of successful technical project execution
- Professional documentation skills experience relating to process/procedure plus technical design
- Experience in an optical network design and operation environment gained in telco environment.
- Excellent understanding of telecoms transmission & routing principles.
- Firewall configuration skills
- Excellent documentation skills.
- An awareness of future trends in the telecommunications industry.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office applications including Visio
- High levels of flexibility, willingness to learn and develop
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail
- Identify areas for improvement
- Change agent
- Able to understand business drivers and risks involved to the customer and to the company
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- The employer can provide employment only to candidates with EU citizenship
- Fully remote work
- Competitive salary depending on qualifications
- Opportunity to work with a skilled team of professionals.
Please submit your application in English by e-mail to: email@example.com or contact us for more information on +385 91 1130 055
Please reference the position you wish to apply for in the e-mail title.
All CVs will be treated in the strictest confidence.
AA EURO CROATIA d.o.o.
Savska cesta 32/IX