Healthcare Assistant (m/f)
Healthcare Assistant (m/f) – Co. Louth, Ireland
AA Euro Croatia is a member of AA Euro Group Ltd. We are a specialist Recruitment Consultancy operating globally. We recruit for jobs in Ireland and Europe across the Construction, Engineering, Manufacturing, Security, Finance & HR.
We are currently seeking skilled Healthcare Assistants to join our client’s services in a residential setting in Co. Louth, Ireland.
- Treat residents as individuals and respect their preferences and choices as far as possible.
- Help residents to achieve independence where possible.
- Assist residents in washing, dressing and undressing and ensure the highest standards of hygiene/personal care are maintained.
- Carry out practical duties only when competent to do so.
- Participate in the basic nursing care of the residents under the supervision of trained staff e.g. bed bathing, pressure area, mouth care and eye care
- Assist residents with their toileting needs, including continence promotion.
- Contribute to movement and mobilization of residents to maximise their physical wellbeing and comfort.
- Assist residents with mobility where appropriate and ensure correct aids are used at all times.
- Assist residents with menu selection and with the preparation and serving of meals and drinks, feeding those residents who are unable to feed themselves and ensuring that each resident receives the meal or diet that he/she has requested and is suitable for his/her needs.
- Help with the admission and discharge of residents, including listing of resident’s property/clothing.
- Maintain strict confidentiality regarding resident’s particulars.
- Change beds, tidy resident’s room and carry out light cleaning duties as required. Empty toileting aids, where appropriate.
- Report immediately to the nurse in charge, any accident or untoward incident, which may occur to a resident or a member of staff, or any changes in residents’ condition, and assist in the completion of accident/incident report forms.
- Liaise with residents’ relatives to ensure clients have sufficient clothes, personal toiletries etc.
- Bring to the attention of the Management any deficits noted within the unit.
- Assist with activities within the Centre.
- Help maintain a safe environment for staff, residents, and visitors, through an awareness and application of health and safety policies.
- Nursing Qualification/Medical Qualification
- Minimum 1 year working in a hospital or Care of Elderly Home
- Conversational English (Intermediate)
- The employer can provide employment only to candidates with EU citizenship.
Salary & Benefits:
- Full time permanent Irish contract with Irish company
- Approximate monthly salary of €1900.00 nett.
- Assistance with accommodation for duration of contract.
- Travel Card.
- SIM Card for Phone.
- Opportunity to work with a skilled team of professionals
Please submit your application in English by e-mail to: email@example.com.
Please reference the position you wish to apply for in the e-mail title.
All CVs will be treated in the strictest confidence.
AA EURO CROATIA d.o.o.
Savska cesta 32/IX