Electrical Designer (m/f)
Electrical Designer (m/f)
– Cork, Ireland
AA Euro Croatia is a member of AA Euro Group Ltd. We are a specialist Recruitment Consultancy operating globally. We recruit for jobs in Ireland and Europe across the Construction, Engineering, Manufacturing, Security, Finance & HR.
We have been retained to recruit an Electrical Designer for a leading supplier to the pharmaceutical manufacturing industry in East Cork. The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years’ experience with a technical degree or equivalent certification in CAD and Drafting or electrical design experience with Industrial control systems. An experienced Electrician with strong CAD and Industrial control systems experience will also be considered for this role.
Reporting to the Electrical Design Team Lead, the successful candidate will utilize independent judgment to perform the day-to-day project duties of designing, developing and releasing detailed electrical schematics, control panel assembly drawings and the related bills-of-material. The Electrical Designer’s responsibilities involves utilizing AutoCAD software and Syteline materials management software to generate electrical design documentation for equipment manufactured for the pilot and commercial scale biopharmaceutical industry. This position requires a good understanding of electrical control circuit design for PLC’s, process-related instrumentation and motor controls, along with documentation requirements for pharmaceutical industry equipment.
- Design the installation and wiring of process instrumentation and control devices using documents such as I/O list, P&ID, customer specifications and applicable codes and standards.
- Design of PLC and DCS control loops.
- Design of motor controls and variable frequency drive circuits.
- Design layout and wiring of PLC, DCS, VFD and motor control panels.
- Design layout and wiring of digital networks and connections.
- Familiarity with engineering documentation systems.
- Electrical Installation verification.
- Interfacing with Engineers and other design disciplines to provide an integrated system design.
- Construct wiring schematics. Generate assembly designs for power distribution panels, control panels and remote I/O panels. Design is achieved using documents such as schematics, customer specs, and applicable codes and standards.
- Create and maintain bill of materials within the ERP system for each assembly drawing created.
- Make conduit schedule based on schematics and system layout.
- Conduct electrical design review meeting with larger engineering team.
- Interface with project management and project engineers during the design, execution and start-up phase of projects.
- Provide assistance to manufacturing as required.
- Support and assist customer field service requirements.
- Execute other tasks as assigned.
- Ability to travel when required.
- Two years technical degree or equivalent certification in Computer Aided Design and Drafting.
- At least two or more years of electrical design experience with Industrial control systems.
- At least two or more years of electrical design experience with process control loops, motor controls and instrument connections.
- PLC/DCS hardware experience, preferably Rockwell, Siemens and Delta V.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications; including Word and Excel.
- Experience with ERP software for item and bill-of-material creation; Syteline preferred.
- Detail oriented with a solid understanding of drafting standards and design fundamentals.
- Strong attention to design detail, in regards to specifications, codes and other regulatory standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Must work well both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Excellent in verbal and written English.
- The employer can provide employment only to candidates with EU citizenship
- Experience with ERP/SAP platform(s) is desired.
- Instrumentation application.
- Ability to read and understand P&ID’s.
- AutoCAD Electrical basics.
- Autodesk Inventor basics.
- Electrical panel assembly and wiring
- Permanent role
- Competitive salary depending on qualifications
- Opportunity to work with a skilled team of professionals.
- Support in transition period.
Please submit your application in English by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us for more information on +385 1 5626 651
Please reference the position you wish to apply for in the e-mail title.
All CVs will be treated in the strictest confidence.
AA EURO CROATIA d.o.o.
Savska cesta 32/IX