Automation Engineer (m/f)
Automation Engineer (m/f)
– Cork, Ireland
AA Euro Croatia is a member of AA Euro Group Ltd. We are a specialist Recruitment Consultancy operating globally. We recruit for jobs in Ireland and Europe across the Construction, Engineering, Manufacturing, Security, Finance & HR.
We have been retained to recruit an Automation Engineer for a leading supplier to the pharmaceutical manufacturing industry in East Cork. The ideal candidate will be qualified in a relevant engineering discipline and have excellent knowledge of automation systems. DeltaV work experience would be an advantage although not a must.
Reporting to the Automation Manager, the successful candidate will utilize independent judgment to perform the day-to-day project duties of designing, developing and releasing deliverables used in the fabrication of equipment for pilot and commercial scale biopharmaceutical manufacturing (Primarily piping assemblies for fluid & gas handling and motorized agitation systems). This position requires a high level of attention to detail along with the ability to develop a strong understanding of the ASME BPE Bioprocessing Equipment design standards.
- Assume project lead to interface with customer and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Executes quality management plan in accordance with quality standards.
- Understand all project requirements and objectives.
- Defines automation scope of work and develops all required specifications.
- Estimates automation hardware, software and manpower requirements.
- Coordinates design and/or manufacturing and software efforts to ensure compliance.
- Forecast and communicate status as required.
- Support design and manufacturing with integration of system controls as requested.
- Programs PLC, OIT, HMI, DCS controllers and smart instruments as requested.
- Manages automation employees or contractors in execution of work.
- Accounts for all contractor resources assigned to project.
- Assists with Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) and Site Acceptance Tests (SAT).
- May evaluate and recommend automation upgrades to existing equipment or systems.
- Supports Field Services with respect to automation needs both planned and unscheduled.
- Maintain organized project and/or software records.
- Control project cost.
- Meeting Project schedules.
- Write and/or execute test plans as required.
- Provide training to end users.
- Provide technical support to customers, sales and marketing.
- Execute other tasks as assigned.
- Ability to travel when required.
Qualifications, Requirements and Experience:
- Honours Degree (Level 8) in Electrical Engineering or related discipline or equivalent automation related job experience.
- Some current automation systems experience.
- Some Emerson DeltaV work experience preferred.
- Current automation and control systems design, development, and programming from scope and P&ID framework.
- English language proficiency, both written and oral speaking skills.
- Bio-Pharm or Pharmaceutical industry experience and GAMP 5 Proficient with hardware/software platforms including Allen-Bradley, Delta V, Siemens, DCS.
- Detail oriented with a solid understanding of current programming standards, industry design fundamentals and related simulation/de-bugging processes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to multi-task across functional groups.
- Must work well both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Limited travel will be required (not expected to exceed 20%). International travel possible.
- Excellent in verbal and written English
- The employer can provide employment only to candidates with EU citizenship.
- Permanent role
- Competitive salary depending on qualifications
- Opportunity to work with a skilled team of professionals.
- Support in transition period.
Please submit your application in English by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us for more information on +385 1 5626 651
Please reference the position you wish to apply for in the e-mail title.
All CVs will be treated in the strictest confidence.
AA EURO CROATIA d.o.o.
Savska cesta 32/IX