Accountant (m/f) - temporary role
Accountant (m/f) - temporary role
Location: Croatia - Zagreb
Temporary opportunity for 12 months
Why Patients Need You
Your in-depth knowledge and financial skills will keep our products in production and our innovators innovating. Whether you are part of establishing, coordinating, researching, or administering financial operations, your role is critical to getting our medicines in the hands of the people who need them most, faster and more efficiently than ever before.
As a Senior Associate, your knowledge and skills will contribute towards the goals and objectives of the team. Your focus and ability to meet team targets will help in completing critical deliverables. Your innovative use of communication tools and techniques will facilitate in explaining difficult issues and establishing consensus between teams.
It is your hard work and focus that will make Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.
A career at Pfizer offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
Current Statutory processes involve a number of different teams across Pfizer, with differing roles and accounting responsibilities by region. In particular, the group is responsible for end to end Local GAAP reporting activities, as well as a number of US GAAP related activities.
The Accountant is expected to oversee and manage specific R2R activities. Some activities may include:
Croatia, Slovenia and Bosnia: Branch offices
Intercompany Invoicing Process:
- Manual tagging of expenses in excel for the monthly/quarterly ICO re-charge to PEBV or PWS.
- Invoicing in-market costs to PEBV PE / sales branch.
- Invoicing above-the-market costs. Closing of local books of accounts.
- Ensure final TB is archived and available to PEBV Finance. Prepare & return backup for local adjustments.
- Local Corporate Income Tax Compliance:
- Monthly CIT prepayments. Local VAT Compliance. Periodic VAT payments (if applicable to the market).
Croatia related activities:
- Participate in month –end closing and month-end invoice accruals, and meet all related deadlines.
- Review maintaining Statutory Books and Records. Review Financial Statements (& disclosures) in line with Local GAAP conventions.
- Prepare statutory balance based on financial accounting adjusting to current tax regulations.
- Support all activities related to intercompany accounting, general ledger creation, fixed assets accounting, financial statement close process, financial reporting, and controls testing.
- Prepare and support reconciliations for US GAAP books and balance sheet review analysis
- Ensure that all the customer needs and relationships are fulfilled and enhanced through proactive involvement and interaction.
- Review accounts payable accrued invoices. Assist in preparation of vendor invoices for payment; review account code against system P.O. and reconcile supplier statements. Verify supplier statements and handle assigned supplier correspondence
- Compare the balances between US GAAP and local GAAP to validate if the differences are correctly supported. Account mapping between USGAAP and IFRS
- Act as a point of contact for statutory related technical queries for their assigned markets
- Act as point of contact for Audit (internal and external) within assigned countries
- Ensure audit deliverables are provided timely and to a high standard. Support Audit and Pre-Audit execution activities
- Maintain complete and accurate standard operating procedures and support control documentation requirements
- Perform local statutory analytical reviews (as applicable)
- Participate in projects that require creativity and analytical skills
- Participate in improving in quality and development of the financial accounts and processes. Identify opportunities for continuous process improvement and innovate solutions so that the team can operate in an efficient and effective manner
- Engage with key stakeholders to execute the required knowledge share and ensure thorough documentation of the local GAAP. Advise on topics which require experience and significant technical accounting abilities.
- Knowledge of different treatment in US GAAP and local fiscal purposes
- Contribute to team effort and assist colleagues as needed to balance workloads. Train as backup to other Accountant in her/his absence
- Other ad hoc responsibilities may be assigned including, but not limited to, involvement in local statutory reporting, oversight of transitional service agreements, and reporting of entities outside the ERP system
- Participate in month–end closing
- Prepare and support reconciliations
- Perform financial control role related to P2P
- Act as a point of contact for statutory related technical queries, for Internal Control and Internal Audits
- Participate in improving in quality and development of the financial accounts and processes
- College/University degree in a relevant discipline required (Accounting, Finance, Economics, or equivalent)
- Minimum 2 years accounting/finance experience
- Understanding of internal controls procedures, tax and treasury functions
- Experience with ERP’s
- Language skills : fluency in English
- Strong IT skills : MS Office, respective accounting & reporting systems
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with diverse groups and individuals
- International orientation, Willing to travel
- Must have the ability to simultaneously multi-task across multiple capabilities and functions and handle multiple competing priorities and requirements, including performing site and functional responsibilities, responding to frequent e-mail and phone communications and attending multiple meetings and conference calls. Note that these activities may not be time bound to core hours or presence at the site.
- Must have the ability to work effectively under and manage to strict production, time and performance deadlines
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.